FAQs about the DeMarini Top 96
- How many players do you accept at each position?
- The maximum number of players we accept for an event is 150.
In addition, we also limit the number of players we take at each
position in order to balance the teams and instruction time for each
player. The player limit by position (range is based on the total
number of players in an event) is:
- - Pitchers - 6 to 7 per team
- - Catchers - 16 to 24
- - Outfielders - 24 to 32
- - Middle Infielders - 32 to 40
- - First Basemen - 8 to 16
- - Third Basemen - 8 to 16
- The maximum number of players we accept for an event is 150. In addition, we also limit the number of players we take at each position in order to balance the teams and instruction time for each player. The player limit by position (range is based on the total number of players in an event) is:
- Is housing provided for the players?
- DeMarini Top 96 does not provide any housing for our events.
- Click on the "Hotel/Travel" link under the clinics tab in the top menus for recommended hotels at which we have negotiated a discounted rate.
- Is lunch provided?
- DeMarini Top 96 does not provide lunch for
- You may be able to purchase food and drinks or snacks on-site depending on the location of your event.
- You will have time to go to a local fast food restaurant or to eat a lunch that you have brought.
- DeMarini Top 96 does not provide lunch for you.
- What clothes should I wear?
- At the check-in, you'll be given a jersey.
- You should bring/wear your regular baseball pants.
- What kind of shoes should I wear?
- Please bring sneakers as well as your baseball cleats/spikes. Many of our locations have facilities or fields where you can’t wear your spikes. Also in case of bad weather we may move portions of the clinic indoors.
- Can parents attend?
- We've been asked often if parents stay to watch. Of course! Parents are welcome at all instructional clinics and games, BUT no one except the players, coaches and staff are allowed on the field.
- How do I get to the field?
- Directions and maps to all fields are provided via links to Mapquest at the bottom of each clinic's event information page which you reach by selecting either "Clinic Dates" or "Clinic Locations" in the left-hand navigation menu. As you select events, you can display the event information page.
- What kind of bat should I use?
- Metal or wood bats are acceptable. However since most colleges and high schools still use metal bats 99% of our players use metal. At many of our events, we will have new DeMarini demo bats that we will want you to use during the hitting clinics and batting practice. Please take advantage of swinging the brand new bats and tell the DeMarini rep who will be at the event what you think.
- What are the times of the clinic?
- Check in on the first day usually is 7:00 AM. A week or two before the event, you will receive an email telling your to check your main page and click on the "Event Info" button for all event details.
- The first day will end around 5:00 or 5:30 PM depending on the number of players.
- Your game time on DAY 2 depends on the team to which you are assigned, it has nothing to do with the college coach who was assigned to evaluate you on DAY 1. You should double check your game time before you leave the event on Day 1 as it will always be posted. Whatever is posted at the event is “OFFICIAL” and should be followed.
- What if I have time constraints and need to be assigned
to a particular team?
- All requests re: time restrictions must be made no later than three weeks in advance of the tournament by emailing Dave Callum at email@example.com.
- If you are traveling by plane and need to leave early on Game Day we’ll schedule you for an early game
- If you are driving a long distance and would like to be scheduled in an early game or a late game we can accommodate you.
- If you are traveling with other players and you need to play in the same game as them we can accommodate you as well.
- We need to know your constraints as early as possible. We assign players to teams about two weeks before the date of the clinic. Once we assign you to a team, we can not make any changes.
- When can I purchase a video?
- We recommend that you Pre-Order your video using the Video Wizard on your home page. By ordering your video in advance and paying in advance by using your MC or Visa, you will save 10% off your entire order versus ordering at the event.
- Ordering and paying in advance does NOT commit you to buy.... you can choose not to buy at the event and you can change your advance order at the event. In any case, your advance order locks in savings on anything you do purchase.
- What happens if I do not get reviewed by a coach?
- It is VERY IMPORTANT that this does not happen! We place the
final burden on you because only you know if the review took
place. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to go to our lead instructor or the
Top 96 Director at the conclusion of Day 1 or after your game on Day 2
(if you are a pitcher) IMMEDIATELY and have a written and face-to-face
evaluation. We can repeat your evaluation if necessary.
We will correct the problem immediately upon being notified. We have procedures in place that this should not happen, but the ultimate last step is you, the participant, because you know whether the review happened or not, so we implore you to help us make sure you do not miss out on one of the major benefits of attending our clinic. Once you leave, there is not much we are able to do to rectify this problem.
- It is VERY IMPORTANT that this does not happen! We place the final burden on you because only you know if the review took place. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to go to our lead instructor or the Top 96 Director at the conclusion of Day 1 or after your game on Day 2 (if you are a pitcher) IMMEDIATELY and have a written and face-to-face evaluation. We can repeat your evaluation if necessary.
- What happens if I am not happy with my review?
- Remember, the evaluation is one person's opinion and the world does not come to and end because that coach did not particularly like your abilities. My first suggestion would be to talk with that coach directly again, after he has talked with all of the players and ask him your specific questions. If you are still not satisfied, then you should approach our lead instructor and talk with him immediately before you leave. You will need to tell him what you are unhappy about or why you do not think it is fair. He can then find a different coach to talk with you. This situation needs to be addressed before you leave so we can get it taken care of. It seldom occurs, but we do want it taken care of so you do not leave confused.
- What can I expect for down time?
- We try to keep down time to a minimum. The good news is when your group is not participating in a skill evaluation, there are other “sessions” for you to attend. The reality is since every coach is watching you and EVERY PLAYER perform their skill evaluation, you take your turn, which may take a couple of minutes, and you need to wait for the rest of your group to finish. There is no getting around this part . This way, every coach has the opportunity to evaluate all players. This will allow you to ask any coach there for their opinion on what you need to do to improve.