DeMarini Top 96 Position Player Workout & Evaluation Sessions
All players (including primary pitchers) will be able to work out at 1 defensive position (OF, IF, 1B or catcher) & all players (including primary pitchers) will be allowed to participate in & be evaluated during batting practice.
Secondary pitchers will have an opportunity to throw a bullpen side session on Day 1 if there is not a spot for them to pitch during a game on Day 2.
Primary pitchers are guaranteed to pitch during their game on DAY 2 so they will not throw a bullpen side session on the first day.
Workout/Evaluation Format by position
- Take 2-3 fly balls & 2-3 ground balls
- Make throws to 3B and Home.
- Take 5-6 groundballs & throw to 1B
- At him
- Up the middle
- In the hole
- Slow roller
- First Basemen
- Take 5-6 groundballs
- Off the bag & throw to 2B
- On the bag & turn 3-6-3 DP
- Slow roller & throw to 3B
- Make 2-3 throws to 3B & 2B
- Field 2-3 bunts and throw to 2B and 1B
- Block & scramble 2-3 balls & throw to 1B
- Receive 2-3 throws
- From the windup (3 FB, 2 curves, 2 changes)
- From the stretch (1 FB, 1 curve, 1 change)
- Hitters – Batting Practice
- Players get 8-10 swings
- Switch hitters get 5 swings from each side